FTK Access Data
- During this three-day, hands-on course, participants will perform the following tasks:
- Install and configure FTK and its components, FTK Imager, PRTK and its components, Registry Viewer and LicenseManager.
- Use FTK Imager to preview evidence, export evidence files, create forensic images and convert existing images.
- Create a case in FTK.
- Use FTK to process and analyze documents, metadata, graphics and e-mail.
- Use bookmarks and check marks to efficiently manage and process case data.
- Update and customize the KFF database.
- Create and apply file filters to manage evidence in FTK.
- Conduct Live, Indexed, Internet Keyword and Regular Expression searches in FTK.
- Import search lists for Indexed searches in FTK.
- Use the FTK Data Carving feature to recover BMP, GIF, JPEG, EMF, PDF, HTML and Microsoft® Office documents.
- Create reports that include exported files, custom logos and external information such as hash lists, search results, or PRTK password lists.
- Use custom dictionaries and dictionary profiles to recover passwords in PRTK.
- Identify the basic components of the Windows registry.
- Review Registry Viewer functions, including accessing the Protect Storage System Provider and hidden keys, indexing the registry, creating reports and integrating those reports with your FTK case report.
- Utilize the index in FTK to create custom dictionaries in PRTK.
- This hands-on course is intended for new users, particularly forensic professionals and law enforcement personnel, who use AccessData forensic software to examine, analyze and classify digital evidence.
- To obtain the maximum benefit from this course, you should meet the following requirements:
- Read and understand the English language.
- Perform basic operations on a personal computer.
- Have a basic knowledge of computer forensic investigations and acquisition procedures.
- Be familiar with the Microsoft Windows environment.
Course Materials and Software
- You will receive the student training manual and CD containing the training material, lab exercises and course-related information.
You will receive the student training manual and CD containing the training material, lab exercises and course-related information.